Obviously, I'm in favor of this. Thanks for bringing it up again, Ankit.

I remember Lukas giving his "blessing" to the project being pulled up
into Apache Phoenix in the past. It seems like there are multiple
authors on the pyPhoenix fork -- we'll need to make sure that we have
all authors on board with this decision.

It seems like making a Python "Wheel" would be the lowest-barrier to
entry on getting something usable for people from the ASF. I don't
know what, if any, infrastructure exists to distribute Python modules.
https://packaging.python.org/glossary/#term-built-distribution

I feel like a sub-directory in the phoenix repository would be the
easiest to make this work (for now). A separate repo would also work.
I know phoenixdb has some tests -- I assume the same tests (plus more)
exist for pyPhoenix but I have not validated this.