I'm OK reducing to one single CDH-5.14 branch and dropping 5.11,5.12 and
5.13 support for next minor 4.15.

Same for 0.98 and 1.1 .

1.2 is not really needed for maintaining a cdh branch but could still be
relevant - isn't it still the most popular version of HBase in terms of
adoption? - .

Anyway I agree there are too many parallel branches.