Github user karanmehta93 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/315

    > The setup of GlobalClientMetrics just... doesn't give us any way to do
this nicely
    Yes, agreed on that one.

    > I'm not sure what it takes to write a custom Factory (I think I did it
once in an IT), but would be OK if you defer this
    Checkout `PhoenixMetricsDisabledIT` in this patch. I am doing the same.

    > After you commit this, please update the website with these necessary
changes (e.g. at least tell people that PQS exports metrics).
    Sure will file a new Jira for documentation change as well.

    One last question, Is it fine for me to change the `QueryServer#main()` to
use `HBaseFactoryProvider.getConfigurationFactory().getConfiguration()` instead
of the regular one. We can control the config from other projects, if required.
What do you think?

---