I added some comments on the PHOENIX-4757

    On Thursday, September 13, 2018, 6:42:12 PM PDT, Josh Elser
<els...@apache.org> wrote:

 Ahh, I get you now.

For a composite primary key made up of columns 1 through N, you want
similar controls to compute the value of the salt based on a sequence of
the columns 1 through M where M <= N (instead of always on all columns).

For large numbers of salt buckets and a scan over a facet, you prune
your search space considerably. Makes sense to me!