+u...@phoenix.apache.org

I wouldn't suggest making any strict policies for ourselves and
doing any promise to the user on the support of EOL HBase versions.
As it may become a burden down the line for us and then sometimes require
an exemption
if we can't make a feature work with a certain release.

IMHO, it can be on the basis of consensus on a mailing list and willingness
to support
the development and release of the respective version a user/s is
interested in. Though,
I can agree that it is good to remain pro-active for these consensuses to
avoid last-minute
 surprise for the user who has been waiting for a long on the release.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal