Thanks Andrew, I accepted the OWASP report at face value.

The sad reality today is that it is easier to do a needless version bump
than to get
users to understand and accept that a static code analysis tool gives false
positives.

Anyway, keeping dependencies up-to-date even without CVEs is generally a
good thing.

Opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-6818 to track this.

Istvan

--
*István Tóth* | Sr. Staff Software Engineer
*Email*: st...@cloudera.com