Hi!

I'm working on Hbase 3 support, starting with Omid.
While the API changes are not major, HBase 3 does remove HTableDescriptor
and some methods in Filter.

We COULD solve this with extra modules and profiles, but since the
difference is rather small, I'd like to avoid that and use reflection to
handle the missing methods.

The Filter code IS performance sensitive, but my micro-benchmarks show that
reflection doesn't cause a performance hit in this case.

I'm looking for your feedback for this solution.
Did I make a mistake when benchmarking ?
Is there some other reason not to use this solution ?

Ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OMID-271
Draft PR:
https://github.com/apache/phoenix-omid/pull/152