I have gotten the end-to-end test harness to the point where it runs basically
all the existing tests and where it can be run from ant.  It can be run on
either an existing cluster or in Amazon's EC2.  There are instructions on how
to run it in both settings at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToTest.  Please try it out
to see if it works in your environment.

As proposed in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PigTestProposal,
I would like to start migrating the junit tests that are really end-to-end
tests (ie the ones that use MiniCluster) to the e2e harness.  I'll start with
the very long running ones and work down to the shorter ones.

Also, as we contribute new patches these should include end-to-end tests that
will run in the new harness rather than in junit.  True unit tests should
still, of course, be done in junit.

Alan.