Since that's not a regression, this shouldn't block 0.10.0 (but we
should fix it).

Protip: if you attach a patch as a file , click the "grant apache
license" while uploading, and then hit "patch available", it will show
up on our filters as an issue that has an available patch, and this
will be more likely to get committed in a reasonable timeframe..