Hi Gerrit, we do try to keep backwards incompatible changes to a minimum, but
sometimes they are needed to make progress. How about we make a practice of
tagging notifications about new pig release candidates with [RC] so you can set
up your filters and get a heads up to try your software with the latest release
candidate? That will at least let you prepare for changes before a release is
made, or perhaps argue that we should revert something that is backwards
incompatible.