At Hack Reactor, we are setting up a computationally heavy MapReduce job
across a 1,000 machine cluster. It is an algorithmic tree traversal
expected to run over several hours, comprising over 10 quintillion
computations, and occupying at least a few petabytes of storage across
HDFS.

We plan to run the job using a Java implementation of our functions. The
original, however, is in JavaScript, and I noticed that JavaScript UDFs are
still considered experimental for want of additional testing. If our
project could be of any use in testing edge cases or proving out the
JavaScript UDF functionality in Pig, we would be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

RP