I think we're all for making the switch, just no one's gotten around to doing it.

Alan.

Niels Basjes <mailto:ni...@basjes.nl>
November 5, 2015 at 4:52
Hi,

For me using the ant build system in pig is extremely difficult.
Today I spent about 2 hours trying simply compile and run a test in
piggybank (In case you wonder; it was this one
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-4689 ).
I have not been able to get it to work. In the end I created the test in a
separate (maven) project and after I got that working I copied everything
into the pig source tree and pulled the patch.

Many other projects (like Avro where I'm one of the committers) using Maven
makes it trivial to import the project (and sub projects like piggybank)
into almost any IDE. I happen to use IntelliJ

Has such a switch (from ant to maven, or anything else) been considered for
the Pig project before?
Do you guys also think it's a good idea to make such a switch?