@nolefp: @nolefp has joined the channel
@suman: @suman has joined the channel
@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel
@hristo: @hristo has joined the channel

#troubleshooting

@brunobrandaovn: @brunobrandaovn has joined the channel
@nolefp: @nolefp has joined the channel
@suman: @suman has joined the channel
@luisfernandez: hey I have this query that i’m issuing in pinot `select * from ads_metrics where user_id=x and serve_time >= 1633651200` when I use this query like this the `numEntriesScannedInFilter` shoots up quite considerably if I don’t use serve_time I get 0 anyone knows why that may be? I currenly have a rangeindex in the `serve_time` column and an invertedIndex + partitioning on the user_id
  @luisfernandez: ```You should also think about partitioning the incoming data based on the dimension most heavily used in your filter queries.``` that’s what i see in the documentation about high `numEntriesScannedInFilter` but i’m already partitioning by the user_id
  @g.kishore: We have a new version of range index that will reduce the latency @richard892 ^^
  @richard892: hi @luisfernandez you can try the new range index by setting `"rangeIndexVersion" : 2` in `"tableConfig"` you'd have to build off OSS master though
  @richard892: there's no automatic migration path yet because we want to get some feedback first before we start automating the upgrade
  @mayanks: BTW, this is available in latest master and will be part of the next 0.9.0 release.
@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel
@hristo: @hristo has joined the channel
@bowenwan: Hi. How do I know if star-tree index is ready ? There seems to be no improvement. `numDocsScanned` remains the same. My index config and query are like follow: ```"starTreeIndexConfigs": [ { "dimensionsSplitOrder": [ "id", "A", "B", "C", "D" ], "functionColumnPairs": [ "DISTINCT_COUNT_HLL__id" ], "maxLeafRecords": 10000 } ]``` Query: ```SELECT DISTINCTCOUNTHLL(id), A FROM MyTable WHERE B = 'a' GROUP BY A ORDER BY DISTINCTCOUNTHLL(id) DESC LIMIT 20```

#docs

@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel

#pinot-dev

@lrhadoop143: @lrhadoop143 has joined the channel
@hristo: @hristo has joined the channel

#community

@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel

#announcements

@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel

#roadmap

@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel

#getting-started

@lrhadoop143: @lrhadoop143 has joined the channel
@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel
@kchavda: When using ingestionconfig > transformconfigs, does it HAVE to be a new column for the transformFunction? I would like to transform an existing column from source and keep the same column name for the Pinot table instead of creating a new column.
@npawar: it has to be a new name, you cannot transform a column and put it into the same name
  @kchavda: follow-up on this. I'm reading from a kafka topic which has dates as EPOCH. I want to load as TIMESTAMP in my Pinot realtime table. Do I have to use a transformfunction and load as a new column? @npawar
  @npawar: when you say EPOCH, is it millisSinceEpoch? and what is the format of TIMESTAMP?
  @kchavda: I'm using debezium and using the time.precision.mode = connect so it's in millisSinceEpoch. Would like to load it as yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss' (ex:2019-07-02 12:21:04).

#releases

@hristo: @hristo has joined the channel

#minion-improvements

@ss68374: @ss68374 has joined the channel

#kinesis_help

@abhijeet.kushe: I did delete the OFFline table and removed the realtime to offline task in QA but I still see the Task listed in Zookeeper console .Also the controller keeps printing ``` No job to purge for the queue TaskQueue_RealtimeToOfflineSegmentsTask``` I just restarted the entire cluster I still see the above message.I have started Table again with shard iterator at AT_SEQUENCE_NUMBER.I see the iterator is stuck at 66K seconds ago (since we have 1 day retention).I have noticed iin the past if this iterator does not shift for a long time.Will update later on if I dont see it change
@abhijeet.kushe:
@abhijeet.kushe: