Sounds good to me.

I will volunteer to be the RM (it's good to learn how it's done early on) -
I will just need some wisdom and guidance from the mentors ;)

I did see this guide for NiFi:

https://nifi.apache.org/release-guide.html

And these for for Accumulo:

https://accumulo.apache.org/releasing
https://accumulo.apache.org/verifying_releases

Any others that we should follow?

I had stubbed out 'How to Make a Release' page on our website - we can fill
it in as we go along through the process.