Noel,

Couple of quick questions for you:

a) How can I extract out the current line and column number? I would like to
bind a couple of labels in my display to those stats and have it
automatically updated. I searched through the Document class hierarchy but
not see any methods for this. I did see the method for the total number of
lines though.

b) Do you expose the "new paragraph" character as a static field in a class
somewhere? I am reading text from a file then placing the text into the text
area. To do so, I need to be mindful of the proper encoding of new paragraph
markers. The standard java IO classes ensure that I can logically work with
lines of text properly, but when I create a string buffer to place into the
text area using setText, I need the official new paragraph character to be
logically consistent. I saw a lot of '\n' but I was hoping for a static
field to ensure I always use the right marker.

c) How can I obtain the total height of each line? I'm not sure of the right
language here, but if I am keeping a ruler in sync that displays line
numbers, and assuming one font for all of the text for the moment, I need to
know your line height to draw correctly and be robust. I saw a ParagraphView
but am not sure if that helps.

d) Are you planning on a logical mapping for keystrokes to "actions" and
from "actions" to behavior?