Hi to all,
someone has already seen this:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/oracle-discontinue-javafx
on the future JavaFX 2.0  ?

More in detail, this:
> This will also make JavaFX resemble Apache Pivot in a few more ways.
Reading this type of things I've the confirm that we were/are on the right
side !!

What do you think ?

The real problem that I see (in the med/long term) is that Oracle is
rewriting the graphics pipeline, but seems that it will NOT be released as
part of Java SE ... too bad in my opinion.
Some info here:
http://marxsoftware.blogspot.com/2010/09/javaone-2010-opening-keynote.html
and an extract:
> The "high-performance graphics engine" called Prism (and used with JavaFX
> and discussed at last year's JavaOne) will be made available. It renders
> 2D objects today, but will eventually support 3D objects. It will support
> new hardware Accelerated 2D and 3D Graphics Pipeline. This will be made
> available in open source via NetBeans.

So probably for future releases of Pivot maybe we should think on a
(alternative ?) way to use that new pipeline, or at least to start with an
our OpenGL backed pipeline ... let's see in the future.

Bye,
Sandro