In some places right now I'm using a simple BoxPane to wrap a bunch of
other components as children of CardPane that itself is being used to
populate "pages" of a bigger dialog template.  But, although BoxPane is
simple, it sizes itself to its children's sizes except that if "fill" is
true it will expand in the orthogonal direction to fill the space.  In
order to fill the space I know I can use TablePane or GridPane, but the
extra "stuff" required in my BXML files makes it awkward to do a simple
replacement.  We're talking hundreds of places now in the code....

So, what I was thinking of was a "FullSizePane" (name is negotiable)
that does the equivalent of a one-row, one-column TablePane with width
and height of "1*" to just be a simple wrapper of other components.
That way, an embedded ScrollPane would fill up the space without having
to be given preferred sizes (that might or might not match the
container's size).  This would be a simple name change in my BXML files
(from "BoxPane" to "FullSizePane") so the replacement would be easy.

Am I thinking correctly?  Do you think this would be useful enough to
include in Pivot?   Or is there some other (simple) way to achieve this
effect without a new component?

Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitc...@ingres.com <mailto:roger.whitc...@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.