Hi all,

I just came back from the Munich Automatica fair. Really big automation focused
industry fair.

While doing a huge amount of PLC4X and Open-Source in general promotion there,
I think I came up with an answer to all these: “But isn’t OPC-UA doing the
same?” question:

We’re trying to achieve the same thing (Being able to talk to all PLCs) but
using the opposite approach:
Instead of changing all existing PLCs to talk a “new” protocol and use an
existing driver, we talk to existing PLCs with existing protocols using new
drivers.
The main benefit: You don’t have to change anything in your machines.

I think this is a HUGE benefit which has proven to be the key feature where all
owners of industrial machinery start listening and stop trying to convince me
that I’m re-inventing the wheel.

Just thought I’d share this with you.