Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Gesendet: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:38 AM
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: [DRAFT] December 2019 board report

Hi all,

I just whipped up our quarterly board report and would submit it this evening
as today is the submission deadline.
If you have anything to add … please report this as soon as possible.

Chris.

The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache PLC4X was founded 2019-04-17 (8 months ago) There are currently 9
committers and 9 PMC members in this project. The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Łukasz Dywicki on 2019-07-28.
- No new committers. Last addition was Łukasz Dywicki on 2019-07-28.

However we just invited Lukas Ott to join the project as a comitter and he has
accepted the invitation. We are now waiting for his ICLA to be recorded on file.

## Project Activity:

Releases:
- 0.5.0 was released on 2019-11-25

Community Events:
- 2019-09-09 - 2019-09-12 ApacheCon NA 2019, Las Vegas, US (Multiple talks and
  hackathon)
- 2019-09-24 IoT Hessen, Kassel, Germany (From the chip to the cloud with
  Apache)
- 2019-10-22 - 2019-10-24 ApacheCon EU 2019, Berlin, Germany (Multiple talks
  and hackathon)
- 2019-11-26 ElasticSearch UG Meetup, Frankfurt, Germany (Introduction
  Logstash PLC4X Plugin)
- 2019-12-03 Apache IoT @ JUG Saar, Saarbrücken, Germany (From the chip to the
  cloud with Apache)
- 2019-12-11 Apache NiFi + Hacking around the IoTree, Frankfurt, Germany
  (Apache NiFi PLC4X Integration)

We have been continuing to port existing drivers to the new code-generation
framework. Also have we been implementing new protocols (Mostly based on paid
gigs from the industry). A lot of bug-fixing has been done and we're looking
forward to a big refactoring and brainstorming Hackathon form 2019-12-17 -
2019-12-19 in Weinheim, where we are going to work on a proposal for the
version 1.0.0 API.

## Community Health:

This quarter for most of the time activity on the mailing-list and in the
commits had dropped to worrying levels. This was mainly related to high
workload on the day-jobs of the community members. However in the past 2-3
weeks a lot of new people have joined discussions and submitted PRs and the
existing comitter- and PMC activity has picked up again.

- dev@plc4x.apache.org had a 8% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (349
  emails compared to 379)
- iss...@plc4x.apache.org had a 73% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (132 emails compared to 76)
- 19 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (46% increase)
- 13 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (62% increase)
- 309 commits in the past quarter (-20% decrease)
- 23 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (91% increase)
- 20 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (66% increase)
- 29 contributors which have contributed code to the git repo (up by 3)
- 142 Github Stars (up by 18 since last report) (up by 43)
- 272 @ApachePLC4X Twitter account followers (up by 86)

We are very happy to see more people joining in from companies reporting to use
Apache PLC4X.