Hi Chris,

You are correct regarding the handling of the RACK / SLOT for the
connection to the S7.

For example for a high availability connection (S7400H), you have two CPUs
in different Racks, being able to lift two connections to the same system.

Connection #1
PC (Rack 0, Slot 1) -> CPU Master (Rack 0, Slot 3)

Connection #2
PC (Rack 0, Slot 1) -> CPU Slave (Rack 1, Slot 3)

On the PC, the slot number is due to the fact that the communications card
is placed in a virtual rack (Siemens way).

So it is a good idea that both parameters (local & remote) can be
manipulated by the driver.

Best regards,