From: Ben Hutcheson <ben.hut...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:22 AM
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.8.0 RC2

+1 (binding)

Ben

Remarks,

We could certainly do with some cleaning up of the documentation and build
instructions e.g. the with-proxies switch doesn't exist anymore, there is a
with-opcua-werver switch in the dockerfile,  clang is required to build the c
stuff but isn't listed.
It probably isn't a good idea to use the 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT references in the cpp
module pom, will this snapshot exist once we move to 0.9-SNAPSHOT?
What is the folder plc4j/protocols for? can we get rid of it? it has some
0.8.1-SNAPSHOT references.
with-cpp does build if I change it to use the 0.8.0 release.

Built with
mvn -P
with-go,with-boost,with-logstash,with-proxies,with-python,with-sandbox
install -Dmaven.repo.local=../.m2
on
Apache Maven 3.6.3
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 11.0.10-ea, vendor: Debian, runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8 OS name: "linux", version:
"5.10.0-1-amd64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"