Von: Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. November 2021 09:33
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Driver PLC4J S7

Hey Cesar,
I see that you do awesome progress with all complicated parts of S7
communication. By looking at code and updated docs I see that most of this
functionality is intended for S7-400 and will not work with low end S7-1200.
This brings me to a question if our present "PlcConnection.canSubscribe()"
method is sufficient to let know user application that it can subscribe? Does
it return false for S7-1200 and true for 300 and 400?

Main question is how we could keep user applications aware of subscription
possibilities without complicating PLC4X end too much. If subscription support
is similar (alarm, mode, user) and available only in higher end models then we
can live with current APIs, but if subscription support vary between models we
need to think how to express that to end user. After all doing a subscription
request which fails is least effective way to find that driver and connected
plc does not support specific subscription kind.

Best,
Łukasz