The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:
There are currently no issues requiring board attention. I do see a bit of an
absence of PMC coverage however regarding things cominig up on the
mailinglists (dev and private)

The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:
There are currently no issues requiring board attention. I do see a bit of an
absence of PMC coverage however regarding things cominig up on the
mailinglists (dev and private)

## Membership Data:
Apache PLC4X was founded 2019-04-17 (3 years ago)
There are currently 19 committers and 13 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- César García was added to the PMC on 2021-10-01
- No new committers. Last addition was Thomas Frost on 2021-05-07.

## Project Activity:
After finishing the work for the next release some members of the community
have invested a lot of time into a complete refactoring of our codebase for
the code-generation. This was needed in order to be able to support more
situations needed for new drivers, but also for cleaning up stuff to make it
more easily understandable for others. Others have been working on adding very
cool new features to the S7 driver as well as working on the CAN-drivers.

We had talks at 4 conferences:
- ApacheCon @Home (2 Talks)
- LF OSS-Summit (1 Talk)
- Eclipse Con (1 Talk)
- IoT Conference (1 Talk)

## Community Health:
We are getting more and more reports of people using plc4x and getting bug
reports. That's great. However contributions have been coming in from 11% less
individuals compared to the previous quarter. Hopefully, in 2022 we will be
able to do in-person events again, to strengthen the sense of community again.
I am feeling as we are loosing grip of each other after 2 years of absolutely
no in-person events. In the past especially these events have been helping
with building the commnunity.