GitHub user splatch added a comment to the discussion: [DISCUSS] Move towards
more reproducible builds?

Reproducible builds include also a repeatable checksums produced out same
commit. In this regard Maven needs some tweaks, we might also remove timestamps
from generated sources (if they are there).

With regard to docker - we don't need it for maven, however making it possible
will bring benefit for non-java folks who run docker, but have no java
environment. We just need to be careful since I've seen projects suffering from
limits imposed by docker hub.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/plc4x/discussions/991#discussioncomment-6173913

----