GitHub user chrisdutz added a comment to the discussion: S7 connection reset
blocks thread indefinitely

I would reccomend to not setup the connections in the PostConstruct ...
otherwise, if the connection should break it would not be re-created. For
scenarios such as yours, we have the ConnectionCache ... which manages the
open-connections and allows re-use of connections. The benefit is: If a problem
occurs and the connection breaks, the connection cache will invalidate the
connection and create a new one, once it is requested.

So I would suggest, you switch to using that and stop using this
pre-initialized map.

https://plc4x.apache.org/users/tools/connection-cache.html

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/plc4x/discussions/1775#discussioncomment-10701347