GitHub user vigneshwara11 created a discussion: few architectural doubts about 
Apache PLC4X

Hey guys! šŸ‘‹ Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m a fresher currently working on an industrial project using Apache PLC4X, 
and I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience working with it? 
I had a few architectural doubts and could really use some advice from 
experienced devs:

Dynamic Device & Tag Discovery: 
Is it possible to dynamically discover connected PLC devices and their tag 
configurations (like protocol used, connection string, tag addresses) 
regardless of the protocol (Modbus, OPC UA, Siemens S7, etc.)?

Initial Configuration in On-Premise Deployments: 
Right now for testing, I am manually seeding device configurations based on 
local virtual simulators. But since our product will be deployed on-premise on 
local client networks, how do real-world applications actually scan the network 
to find connected PLCs and get their configuration details initially?

Handling Non-Browsing Protocols: 
I understand we can use background polling services to check if a device is 
online or offline once it's registered. But initially, how do systems handle 
fetching configuration data for protocols that don't support dynamic browsing 
(like Modbus TCP) without hardcoding everything?

Would really appreciate any insights or standard approaches you guys follow in 
production! Thanks in advance! šŸ™

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/plc4x/discussions/2803

----
This is an automatically sent email for [email protected].
To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected]

Reply via email to