Hi,

I did most of my changes to switch to Java 8 and adjusted the Jenkins jobs
accordingly. Version is currently at 4.0-beta1, I'll change this to
4.0.0-beta1 soon if nobody beats me to it.

I also pushed a number of automatic code-fixes suggested by IntelliJ which
should make the code-base a bit cleaner, let me know if you spot anything
that seems to go wrong now (hopefully there isn't, but who knows).

Dominik.