I don’t have the time to do this. Jira PIO-27 covers this conversation and is
set to blocking.

Can anyone help?

On Aug 20, 2016, at 12:14 PM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com> wrote:

It took Gearpump six release candidates before their first release from
incubation passed the IPMC's checks on correct LICENSE and NOTICE files (note:
different requirements for source and binary artifacts) and that all the
licenses of all transitive dependencies were accounted for and did not require
anything in Category X. This cannot be fully automated even with maven projects
where license data is part of the POM model, because the metadata is sometimes
wrong. I don't know how it works for SBT but suspect at best it's the same
situation.

The process is basically:

- Study and understand fully the foundation and Incubator release policies with
respect to licensing requirements.

- Dump the transitive dependencies of your source build and ensure there are
only Category A dependencies, or you have a plan to replace something in B with
A. X is not allowed except in limited circumstances as part of the build only.
- Ensure the LICENSE and NOTICE files in the source root directory contain
everything required by policy.

- Dump the transitive dependencies of your binary builds and make sure
everything is licensed under licenses in Categories A or B.
- Ensure the LICENSE and NOTICE files included in **every PIO jar** contain
everything required by policy. If you aren't including such files in every jar
fix the build so it happens as required.

You can avoid dealing with binary artifact requirements by producing only
source artifacts for releases.