The activity level has been pretty low lately. I hope this is just timing of
holidays, work, etc. I know I’ve been too busy at work to do much until now. If
we are going to graduate from the incubator we’ll have to start regular
releases with substantial progress in each.

We have several PRs waiting for discussion and mods. Some of them relate to
more stateless PIO workflow/commands, the first of which is getting rid of the
manifest, them build with sbt etc.

IMO these are spot on for their motivation but need some guiding principles if
they are to be steps to a single goal—so I’ve put together a proposal for
something like PIO 1.0. It proposes a goal and lists the incremental steps to
get there. Please have a look and comment here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zl1rX_Wwov72wENuL_UAHpuzNdOmcmcBsYJ7M6KBKBM/edit?usp=sharing

This proposal covers several releases and leaves us with s shiny new
microservice based PIO that should be extensible into the far future.

Separately I’m starting to implement some of the things in the proposal for a
Kappa style ML project (non-PIO) so it can act as a prototype of the ideas in
the doc and perhaps be donated later,

Let’s get moving on PIO. If the above doesn’t interest committers, so be it.
Work on what you think is important but you accepted committership so commit.
We have one of the very few Open Source Machine Learning servers, let’s keep it
the best one.