I would be very careful about implementing  such a feature, because of
introducing  undesirable interdependencies. Broker processes only talk to
the metadata store or data store. This keeps brokers isolated from each
other - one broker is not dependent on the functioning of another broker.

A broker publishing to a topic hosted on another broker (which for eg: is
serving "system topic"),  sets up an undesirable dependency,  which reduces
total system resiliency and availability for the cluster. These are better
implemented as notifications off the metadata changes.

Good feature, but needs careful thought to do it right
Joe