Madhavan,
Thanks for sharing your PIP.
It looks interesting, but I see a major problem with this approach.
Basically we would be adding a way to tweak everything in Pulsar, from
Connections to what we are reading and writing to storage.

This feature will become very hard to maintain for users, as Pulsar changes
and there are things that may be different in the future.

We recently had other PIPs that try to add more flexibility and add code
into Pulsar.

It is not clear to me the kind of operations that you want to cover,
perhaps we could provide dedicated extensibility points to fulfill your
needs with specific APIs, that we can maintain and for which we can
guarantee
the compatibility in the future

Enrico