> I believe we want to keep SQL until the code change lands in Trino.
Because
there are still users using this component.

There have been multiple public dev@pulsar.apache.org discussions about
PIP-62 which was initialized in April 2020.
Those users using Pulsar SQL can keep on using Pulsar 2.8.x or 2.9.x until
the feature is available in Trino. Isn't that a viable option?

The Pulsar community is here to help with the work. What is the status of
Trino work? Are there tasks that need help? Is there any ETA for the
landing of code in Trino?
Could we resolve this together?

BR, Lari