Thank you for pushing this initiative through, Matteo. I agree that we
should do this. I had started a draft PR about a month ago that would
have helped, but I ran into some issues with the build [0]. I'm
closing the PR now, but feel free to look at it in case it helps make
your work easier.

Can we cherry pick these changes back to the older release branches
(2.8, 2.9, and 2.10)? I don't see any reason to support python 2.7 for
any future releases. Dropping support primarily saves release managers
time when building the many different python clients.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/14827