On 2022-04-25 12:34, Yu wrote:
Another important part of The Apache Way is to make decisions by reaching
consensus (and avoiding votes).

But the Apache Website says "one of the fundamental aspects of
accomplishing things within the Apache framework is doing so by consensus,
we need a way to tell whether we have reached consensus. We do this by
voting."  [1] — which means we make decisions by voting, correct?

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Not necessarily... Many communities use "Lazy Consensus", meaning "I will do this..." announcement (or even "I have done this...") and go ahead with it UNLESS someone raises a concern. This typically works well, if the community is reasonably well-aligned with the vision and path forward.

Niclas