Why I agree that it "looks like a bug", "walks like a bug" and "talks
like a bug"...
this was actually a "feature" :)

not a good one, or with a good reason to exist, but something we've
been trying not to break. I'm not going to dig into the "wrong"
reasoning on why this was done in the first place, unless someone is
really curious. :D

Having said that, V1 admin API was in effect considered as "soft
deprecated" since Pulsar 2.0. All documentation has been focused on v2
APIs.

I believe a better approach now would be to disable v1 APIs using the
configuration, and actually disabling it by default in next Pulsar
versions.

Matteo

Instead
--