Hi, Pulsar Community,

We have the PIP-64 that introduces HTTP Rest API for producing/consuming
messages(
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/PIP-64%3A-Introduce-REST-endpoints-for-producing%2C-consuming-and-reading-messages
). But this proposal does not define the implementation.

However, we already have producer HTTP API at the broker side. But, there
are some problems, so refactored in this patch:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15876.

Then we add HTTP consumer in this patch:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15942.

But, currently have some ideas that do not reach a consensus. Like @Lari
Hotaril mentioned at pull request
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15942.

It might not be a good idea to add the implementation to the main Pulsar
Admin API at all.

HTTP consuming would be better to handle in a separate component. PIP-64
doesn't determine that this should be part of Pulsar Admin API and we
should revisit this decision. I think it's a bad idea to add HTTP consuming
to Pulsar Admin API and brokers.

I want to discuss whether we should implement the HTTP endpoint in the
broker or separate it at another component(like pulsar-WebSocket).

Best,

Mattison