Technically, the regexp of both conventions are:

* Angular convention - /^(\w*)(?:\((.*)\))?!?: (.*)$/
* Customized conventions - /^\[(\w*)\](?:\[(.*)\])?: (.*)$/

So, there're technically equal from the customized convention perspective,
or the Angular convention contains all expressiveness of the customized one.

> It makes PR titles more clear and self-explanatory.
It's subjective. As described above, the Angular convention contains all
expressiveness of the customized one - it also has type and scope, and
delimiter length is almost the same.

Let's think of the adoption of each convention:

1. Customized conventions: better to follow for developers who already use
it.
2. Angular convention is a popular standard so that:
  (1) It's well-known by _new_ developers. Just tell them we are using
Conventional Commits.
  (2) Better toolchain support. This time we're lucky
that action-semantic-pull-request allows you to customize headerPattern.
But following the Conventional Commits will ensure we can use the toolchain
built around it, such as semantic release[1]. Also, Conventional Commits
have a standard to name a BREAKING CHANGE and a REVERT. We may or may not
want it later, shall we customize it further then?

+1 for Angular convention.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/semantic-release/semantic-release