I think that the main problem is that in our community we have plenty
of Java developers and there are a few committers that review
the patches on non-Java client.
The same problem is also for other projects like the Helm Chart.
Also, the Java client is used internally by the broker so it is
usually more used and it needs more work

That said I agree that with the proposal in this thread

Enrico