GitHub user moweonlee edited a discussion: Is there any kinds of processing
interval or throttling in pulsar function ?

My running pulsar function is consuming data from a pulsar topic which is
actually connected to kafka then store it into another one after processing.

By the way, I have figured out that inRate and Out rate of both topic are
varied across time and looks like batch model.

So I want to know that there are any kinds of prcessing intervals or throttling
parameters that process data like batch processing.

This is the metrics that dashboard show me the which is IN/OUT rates of both
topics. ( there is only one topic in each tenants )

- IN/OUT rate of source topic in "public" tenant".

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16459517/190362571-75837855-a530-40b8-8879-3c28c4595dba.png)

- IN/OUT rate of destination topic  in "nds" ( stored data processed by pulsar
function )

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16459517/190363315-3259f8ad-bf3b-408e-9a84-3424693fee84.png)

What I think right is InRate of destination topic should be same with or close
to OutRate of source topic .

Here are more details that I captured in grafana dashboard.

The first figure is about source topic's publish rate.

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16459517/190362253-cc716fde-395f-42ac-a9c6-42e243ead5ac.png)

And the second figure is about destination topic's publish rate

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16459517/190362284-55e0ef37-7460-48d5-8d63-b064d749846a.png)

Any kinds of comments would be appreciated to explain this merics that look
like throlling mechanism.

Thank you in advance

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/discussions/17667

----