Hi Yunze :

I have no reason to must add the `getTopicName()` into the
`PulsarApiMessageId` (or named `MessageIdAdv `).
I just thought of a scenario that users would use. For the consumer
side, they don't know whether the topic is a partitioned topic or a
non-partitioned topic. Maybe they don't care about it. But when
`topicName` is not in the `PulsarApiMessageId`, they should use
`messageId instanceof TopicMessageId` to get the `topicName`, if this
`topicName` is in the `PulsarApiMessageId`, they only use the unified
logic to get the field from the messageId `PulsarApiMessageId
pulsarApiMessageId = (PulsarApiMessageId) messageId`

These are just some of my views, and it will not block this PIP.

Thanks,
Bo

Yunze Xu <y...@streamnative.io.invalid> 于2022年12月19日周一 10:41写道: