Hi Pulsar community:

I opened a PIP to discuss "Notifications for partitions update"

### Motivation

Pulsar client will poll brokers at fix time for checking the partitions
update if we publish/subscribe the partitioned topics with
`autoUpdatePartitions` as true. This causes unnecessary load for  both
clients and brokers since most of the time the number of partitions will
not change. In addition polling introduces latency in partitions update
 which is specified by `autoUpdatePartitionsInterval`.
This PIP would like to introduce a notification mechanism for partition
update, which is much like PIP-145 for regex subscriptions
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/14505.

For more details, please read the PIP at:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19596
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Xiaoyu Hou
----