Context.
- PIP-74
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/PIP-74%3A-Pulsar-client-memory-limits
- PR-8965 https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/8965
- PR-15216 https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15216

Hello, community:

There are some questions about PIP-74 I want to figure out.

PIP-74 and its implementation specifie how to limit *client* memory. But in
our scenario, the *client* is usually reused. It is more intuitive to limit
a single *producer* or *consumer*. So why not let the producer/consumer
have their own MemoryLimitController? And shoud we split the
memoryLimit setting
into consumerMemoryLimit and producerMemoryLimit?  Are there any other
considerations to limit *client* memory?

If you know why it needs to be designed like this, please leave your
comment. Thanks!

Thanks,
Jiaqi Shen