Hello Community,

In this [PR](https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/17214), we changed the
function protobuf by adding one more field `bool skipToLatest = 14;`.

The change itself is minimum and self-contained for function internal usage.

Given the new community guideline that protobuf change should notify the
community, I'm writing this email to initiate the (late) discussion.

### Motivation
In certain failure cases, the function needs to skip all the content
between the last successfully acked message and the latest message in the
topic in order to skip the huge backlog and quick recovery.

### Modifications
1. Providing a boolean config for function submission cmd
2. PulsarSource will call `consumer.seek(MessageId.latest)` if the skip
flag is set
3. the internal function protobuf file will have a new field `skipToLatest`

Let me know your thoughts. And if there're big concerns regarding this
change, we will revert the above PR fist and then make modifications to it.

Best Regards,
Neng Lu