Hi Yunze,

> I have changed this proposal to just add a config to `ClientBuilder`.

I propose to add a field named `clientVersionSuffix` rather than the
`clientVersion`. As I said before:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/g0128l85fkcmw4821188mjjznxbo4lhd

This is helpful for debugging. Especially for the case of the Nodejs
client in which users can compile the C++ client on their own. This
way, we can know exactly which underlying C++ client version the user
uses.

Thanks,
Zike Yang