Hello,
It has been a long time that we have in the Pulsar code a new
experimental Dispatcher implementation named StreamingDispatcher.

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/9056

There are many flaky tests about that feature and I believe that it
has never been used in Production by anyone, because it happened a few
times that we did some changes in the regular Dispatcher and
introduced bugs on the StreamingDispacther (usually manifested as
flaky tests)

I propose to drop the StreamingDispatcher code for Pulsar 3.0.
I don't think we need a PIP for this, it is an experimental code that
was never delivered as a production ready feature.

If anyone is aware of users please chime in.

If anyone wants to sponsor that feature and objects in removing this
dead code (that we still have to maintain) please help us in
completing the feature.

On paper it is a very appealing feature, and I am disappointed in dropping it.
On the other hand, this is dead code that we have to maintain with zero benefit

Thoughts ?

Enrico