Dear Pulsar Community,

I am excited to invite you all to participate in the discussion of the
latest Pulsar proposal [1] for a transaction key mechanism. This proposal
aims to provide users with a way to ensure that only one active transaction
is associated with a given transaction key, while also aborting previous
transactions and preventing them from performing further operations. This
will help create a clean working environment for newly started transactions
and prevent issues such as duplicate message processing.

The proposal includes a detailed design that utilizes the concept of
transaction keys and epochs, and introduces a new system topic for storing
epoch information. Additionally, a new configuration option will be added
to the PulsarClient builder to set the transaction key, and a new exception
called ExpiredTransactionException will be introduced to handle cases where
an expired transaction is used for operations.

We believe that this proposal will greatly improve the user experience for
Pulsar transactions, and we encourage everyone to share their thoughts and
feedback. Your input is valuable in shaping the future of Pulsar, and we
look forward to hearing from you.

Please feel free to join the discussion by commenting on the proposal
document, or by starting a thread in the Pulsar mailing list. Let's work
together to make Pulsar better than ever before!

Best regards, Xiangying [1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17V1HaHxtd1DpGkfeJb_uKPBm_u97RAWsojeKmCw6J8U/edit#