I was about to upgrade to 3.0, but didn't get answered if there are any migration documentation available or no, so I decided to do a 2.10 -> 2.11 first, and forgot that I had made the changes to broker.conf already.

Cheers
Niclas

On 2023-07-31 09:45, guo jiwei wrote:
Hi Niclas
`flow_or_qps_equally_divide` was introduced in 3.0, Normally this value
should not be included in your broker.conf. Please check.

Regards
Jiwei Guo (Tboy)

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 6:34 PM Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org> wrote:

When I commented out

#

supportedNamespaceBundleSplitAlgorithms=range_equally_divide,topic_count_equally_divide,specified_positions_divide,flow_or_qps_equally_divide

# defaultNamespaceBundleSplitAlgorithm=range_equally_divide

and I presume it relies on defaults in code, then it at least starts.

I also suggest that the Exception puts the brokerConfig value in the
message as well as the supported algos (Line 179 in
PulsarBrokerStarter.java), so there is a chance to figure out what is
going wrong here.

// Niclas

On 2023-07-28 11:59, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to upgrade from 2.10.3 to 2.11.2 and I am getting the
> following right at start-up and I don't understand the message at all.
>
> 2023-07-28T09:46:07,973Z
> [jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@5ffd2b27] error
> Uncaught exception in thread main: The given supported namespace
> bundle split algorithm has unavailable algorithm. Available algorithms
> are [range_equally_divide, topic_count_equally_divide,
> specified_positions_divide]
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The given supported namespace
> bundle split algorithm has unavailable algorithm. Available algorithms
> are [range_equally_divide, topic_count_equally_divide,
> specified_positions_divide]
>         at

org.apache.pulsar.PulsarBrokerStarter$BrokerStarter.<init>(PulsarBrokerStarter.java:179)