Hi Zike
Thank you for your attention.
>For the existing behavior, the consumer assembles messages 3,4,5 into the
>original large message. But the changes brought about by this PIP will cause
>the consumer to use messages 1,2,5 for assembly. There is no guarantee that
>the The producer will split the message in the same way twice before and
>after. For example, the producer's maxMessageSize may be different. This may
>cause the consumer to receive a corrupt message.

For the previous behavior, if duplication is not enabled, messages 1,
2, 3, 4, and 5 will all be persisted. When the consumer receives
message 3  (sequenceID: 0, ChunkID: 0), it will find that the message
is out of order and rewind the cursor. Loop this operation, and
discard this message after it expires instead of assembling 3, 4, 5
into a message.
If duplication is enabled, the chunk messages 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be
filtered. The message also will be discarded.

>I think a simple better approach is to only check the deduplication for the
>last chunk of the large message.

This solution also cannot solve the out-of-order messages inside the
chunks. For example, the above five messages will still be persisted.