Hi Rajan and Girish,
Thanks for your reply. About the question you mentioned, there is some
information I want to share with you.
>If anyone wants to setup different replication clusters then either
>those topics can be created under different namespaces or defined at topic
>level policy.

>And users can anyway go and update the namespace's cluster list to add the
>missing cluster.
Because the replication clusters also mean the clusters where the topic can
be created or loaded, the topic-level replication clusters can only be the
subset of namespace-level replication clusters.
Just as Girish mentioned, the users can update the namespace's cluster list
to add the missing cluster.
But there is a problem because the replication clusters as the namespace
level will create a full mesh replication for that namespace across the
clusters defined in
replication-clusters if users want to change the replication policy for
topic-n and do not change the replication policy of other topics, they need
to change all the topic policy under this namespace.

> Pulsar is being used by many legacy systems and changing its
>semantics for specific usecases without considering consequences are
>creating a lot of pain and incompatibility problems for other existing
>systems and let's avoid doing it as we are struggling with such changes and
>breaking compatibility or changing semantics are just not acceptable.

This proposal will not introduce an incompatibility problem, because the
default value of the namespace policy of allowed-clusters and
topic-policy-synchronized-clusters are the replication-clusters.

>Allowed clusters defined at tenant level
>will restrict tenants to create namespaces in regions/clusters where they
>are not allowed.
>As Rajan also mentioned, allowed-clusters field has a different
meaning/purpose.

Allowed clusters defined at the tenant level will restrict tenants from
creating namespaces in regions/clusters where they are not allowed.
Similarly, the allowed clusters defined at the namespace level will
restrict the namespace from creating topics in regions/clusters where they
are not allowed.
What's wrong with this?

Regards,
Xiangying