Hi Dave,

(I just saw this thread, though I have already replied in a DM on LinkedIn
to Paul).

I don't know exactly what was in the ASF talk submitted abstract that
generated the confusion.

To clarify even more confusion:
 * Oxia *is* a public OSS project licensed with Apache License v2
 * Oxia is not an ASF project (and there wouldn't be any place claiming
that)
 * It was created with the primary goal of enhancing the scalability of
Apache Pulsar, by replacing Apache ZooKeeper with a similar system with a
different architecture.
 * Hopefully other projects would also find it useful
 * Once there are multiple "contributors" to the project, we plan to move
the governance to ASF

Oxia is definitely not a ZooKeeper proxy. It's a totally different
technology. More info in the github repo:
https://github.com/streamnative/oxia

--
Matteo Merli
<matteo.me...@gmail.com>